latest cell phone news: O2 XDA 2i Tomtomlatest cell phone news

Sabtu, 02 Februari 2008

O2 XDA 2i Tomtom

Having acquired a GPS receiver bluetooth for my O2 XDA 2i (see my review here), I was a little disappointed that the Tomtom software that I had bought also would crash every 5 or 10 minutes. This is irritating because it is not something that you can set in motion with 1 hand. I had to stop the car, remove from PDA holds, perform a soft reset, which has a couple of minutes, reconnect to the bluetooth GPS receiver, launch software Tomtom, put the phone back in which he holds, and then proceed up with My journey. Now imagine doing it 3 or 4 times throughout your trip!

Since demand a fix on the internet I came up with a series of suggestions for XDA Developers. Some suggestions involved upgrading the memory card with a faster read / write rate of transfer, which I did, but still no joy. I still had the irritating problem beating!

Then I had a brainwave after receiving an SMS message in the movement. When I received a phone message from us fell usual way, even infuriating you might think, but it gave me that Eureka moment. I realized that whenever the phone part of my PDA were trying to do something that caused the software to crash Tomtom. That would then explain why it XDA crash every 5 or 10 minutes.

As you may or may not know, every cellular network is divided into "cells". Each "cell" is an area of the country that is covered by a mobile phone antenna. If you are travelling in a car or train, will come to a point where you are moving from one cell and another. When this happens on the phone (or PDA) will hold a handshake procedure to leave the antenna that is entering a part of the country covered by that particular dish. Now, of course, this handshake procedure takes only enough resources so it makes the PDA to crash. I then searched on the internet more for a fix to this problem, but could find nothing so we took it on myself to fix it.

First I tried to find a way I could disable the phone software of the PDA while allowing the rest of the PDA software to operate as normal, which of course means that the phone was inoperable functionality throughout my trip, but is a small price to pay not to be lost. Now I know what you are thinking "only allow flight mode", as it would disable the software side of the phone, which also disables the use of bluetooth stack that makes the GPS receiver bluetooth useless. One option is to remove the SIM card phone, as such work that means taking the back of the phone off and remove the battery, which gives a soft reset and unnecessary nuisance. There is no other way!

Here's what I did:

First go to start, settings, phone,

Under security tick 'Require PIN when phone is used, "

Entry of a memorable PIN for the phone part of your PDA,

Navigate back to the main screen.

How to disable the phone only part of the PDA:

From the main screen and touch the antenna signal icon on the top of the screen

On way flight.

Tap the same icon again and turn off flight mode.

A screen will appear asking you for your PIN, now click "cancel".

Your PDA is now fully operational in addition to the phone part because you have denied access to the SIM card.

How to reactivate the phone part of the PDA:

> From the main screen and touch the antenna signal icon on the top of the screen

On way flight.

Tap the same icon again and turn off flight mode.

A screen will appear asking you for your PIN, now enter the password you chose earlier.

The phone is now part function normally again.

It would be good to have a good fix for this problem, so that I could receive calls and messages on change, but I can live with this for now.

[get this widget]

0 komentar:

 
Changed by scarface and scarfacedude and scarfacedude